Strategic Account Management & Developer Programs for Cutting Edge Technology
Occipital | Google | Nukotoys | Carnegie Mellon University | Improvisation for Innovation | Second City Chicago
- Signal Garden
- Occipital – The Spatial Computing Company
- Nukotoys Interactive Trading Cards
- Google Tango is now ARCore for Android
- Augmented World Expo Interviews
- Microsoft Xbox Live Social + Mobile
- Professional Development & Education
- Video Game Production
- Carnegie Mellon University
- Entertainment Technology Center
- Ethereal: Medieval Combat
- Google's Tango is now ARCore
- SIGGRAPH Mobile & Emerging Tech
- The Second City
ACM SIGGRAPH is a non-profit professional organization for the creative exploration of high-end graphics and animation.
San Francisco ACM SIGGRAPH is a Professional Chapter of ACM SIGGRAPH. The mission is to promote and inspire leading-edge theory and practice of computer graphics, emerging technologies and interactive techniques. Events feature regular professional networking events, as well as presentations of computer graphics work done by both studios and independent artists in film, broadcast, game, motion graphics and interactive work.
As appointed to the position of Secretary of the San Francisco SIGGRAPH Chapter Board (2012/2013), I really wanted to bring compelling speakers and focused workshop events to the community.
- Acclaimed speakers including Bret Victor.
- For workshops, I looked to the Bring Your Own Animation (BYOA) format, a favorite of the NYC, Paris, and London SIGGRAPH Chapters. Local educators and professionals provided specialized critique to individual SF artists and designers on their portfolios.
This hybrid event gives the San Francisco ACM SIGGRAPH community the opportunity to show off their work. Bring Your Own Animation gives everyone the opportunity to show off their work and receive feedback. Whether you’re a student, amateur or junior leader, join us to meet the pros and screen your pieces in an informal setting.
The following professionals will be available for mentoring.
- Mike Jutan – R&D Engineer at ILM
- Vince De Quattro – Executive in Charge of Production at Athena Studios
- Brian Andrews – Program Director, Animation & Visual Effects, Ex’pressions College, DePaul University
Bret presented his original talk “Stop Drawing Dead Fish” for the first time to the SF SIGGRAPH community – the talk explains how computer-based art tools may hinder the creative relationship between the art and the artist. His talk is poignant for both art performance or art simulation.
This talk was originally presented to SF SIGGRAPH on May 16, 2012, and was re-recorded at the Exploratorium on November 27, 2012.
2013 SIGGRAPH Mobile Jury Member
The SIGGRAPH Mobile program presents the latest advances in mobile technologies, graphics, and apps. In talks, workshops, panels, and demonstrations, mobile innovators from around the world explore powerful new graphics techniques, game production for handheld devices, visualizations with augmented reality, and how mobile games can save the world’s rainforests. This program represents the present and future as we progress towards an all mobile world and SIGGRAPH.
VOX 4D Summit, Presented by DAQRI
The purpose of VOX was to discuss the creative evolution of augmented reality as a communication tool for artists, designers and engineers. And how AR is a new tool to add to their arsenal, to expand their palette in the realm of interactive storytelling with a wave of new devices coming to market. Augmented Reality poses a new medium for creative expression, storytelling, and user experience.
Presentation: A use case of augmented reality for location-based experiences for the tourism sector – where content is readily available and the technology is accessible. And the hardware and software is only going to get better. It was an honor to be among the presenters.
Assistant Director | TEDxUniPittsburgh
May 8th, 2010
Assistant Director to Director Cooper Yoo in leading 5 video support staff and maintaining event design.
We delivered a graceful experience to the over 100 attendees based on the theme EXPERIENCE. TEDx is a program of local, self-organized events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience.
Speakers included Jesse Schell, Daniel Szecket, Attack Theatre, and Mr. McFeely (David Newell) of Mr. Roger’s Neighborhood.